Why Should You Waterproof Your Crawl Space?
Crawl Space Waterproofing describes the removal and prevention of water/moisture buildup within your crawl space. There are a few important reasons why it’s necessary:
- Because the air circulating through your home always passes through the crawl space, maintaining its moisture level and preventing growth and infestation is vital. If the crawl space is musty and unsanitary, so is your home’s oxygen.
- Additionally, water damage is one of the greatest hazards a home/building owner can face. It can ruin the foundation, destroy valuable equipment, and cause thousands of dollars in damage. Waterproofing protects your home against seepage and gives you additional time to prepare in a flood situation.
Taking the preventative measure of waterproofing will help you protect your investment, and likely even save you money in the long term. There are several ways that crawl space moisture can be prevented. Some of these methods include:
- Dehumidifiers- These heavy duty basement systems promote a dry environment in areas that otherwise would be damp. The automated pre-set humidity levels built into these machines help to counter mold and moisture.
- Sump Pumps- Water damage is a serious problem in some housing locations. Sump Pumps actively remove any ground water that may find its way into your basement or crawl space.
- Drainage Matting- This scientifically designed floor sheet naturally promotes better drainage within any basement or crawl space, and is recommended if you periodically have a wet crawl space.
- Encapsulation- This process creates an envelope around your crawl space and defends it against water damage.
Before installation it is necessary to remove any water in your crawl space, and eliminate the pests that may have made a home. The price of your crawl space waterproofing will vary, depending on the size, scale, and location of the construction around. Of course any previous damage will need to be factored in as well.
To explore waterproofing options for your property, call the experts at Best Attic Cleaning at (510) 214-5467 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. With over 20 years of experience, Best Attic Cleaning is your best resource for crawl space maintenance and improvement.